Find The Best Rates For Your Motorcycle Insurance Needs In South Carolina
What Is Motorcycle Insurance?
Motorcycle insurance is a type of insurance policy that provides coverage for motorcycles, mopeds, scooters, and other two-wheeled vehicles. Like car insurance, motorcycle insurance typically includes liability coverage, which pays for damages or injuries you cause to others in an accident, as well as coverage for damage to your own vehicle.
Insurance Shopping Expert Tip: "In our experience different types of motorcycles need different coverage options and we have the perfect coverage packages for your bike."
What Makes Motorcycle Insurance Different Than Car Insurance In South Carolina?
Need Help With A Motorcycle Insurance Quote?
Our Agents Will Be Happy To Help Through Zoom, Phone, Text Or Email.
What Are Some Things To Consider When Buying Motorcycle Insurance in South Carolina?
When buying motorcycle insurance in South Carolina, there are multiple things to consider:
- Minimum Coverage Requirements: South Carolina requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage for motorcycle owners. The minimum requirements are $25,000 for bodily injury per person, $50,000 for bodily injury per accident, and $25,000 for property damage.
- Coverage Options: Determine which types of coverage you need and how much coverage you want. In addition to liability coverage, you may want to consider collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and medical payments coverage.
- Deductibles: Decide on the amount of deductible you're comfortable with. A higher deductible will result in lower premiums, but it also means you'll be responsible for a larger portion of the costs in the event of a claim.
- Discounts: Ask about available discounts, such as safe driver discounts, multi-vehicle discounts, and discounts for completing a motorcycle safety course.
- Exclusions: Be aware of any exclusions in your policy, such as coverage for aftermarket parts or accessories.
- Limits: Determine how much coverage you need for each type of insurance. It's important to choose limits that will adequately cover your potential losses in the event of a claim.
Why Do You Need Motorcycle Insurance in South Carolina?
If you own a motorcycle in South Carolina, you are required by law to have liability insurance coverage. Liability coverage pays for damages or injuries you cause to others in an accident, up to the policy limits. Without insurance, you could be held personally liable for damages and face significant financial losses. Additionally, motorcycle insurance can provide coverage for damage to your own vehicle, as well as other types of coverage such as uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and medical payments coverage. These types of coverage can help protect you financially in the event of an accident. Overall, having motorcycle insurance in South Carolina is essential for protecting yourself and others on the road and ensuring that you comply with state law.