Find The Best Rates For Your Boat And Jet Ski Insurance Needs In South Carolina
What do I Need To Get A Boat Insurance Quote?
- Boat Type (Bass, Cruiser, Houseboat, Pontoon, Sailboat, Sport Fish, Trawler)
- Purchase Date
- Hull Construction (Fiberglass, Wood, Aluminum, Steel)
- Top Speed
- Number of Engines And Horsepower
- Engine Type
- Vessel Location
- Vessel Use
- Driver's License
Insurance Shopping Expert Tip: "In our experience boat insurance has many options available depending on how you use the boat. Some policies let you go offshore and some don't. Make sure you have the right policy for your usage"
What Are Some Things To Consider When Buying Boat Insurance In South Carolina?
- Even the smallest of motorized boats need insurance.
- There are a number of different options regarding coverage so you need to make decisions like opting for replacement cost or cash value.
- Do you need additional coverage like fuel spill liability or uninsured boater coverage?
- Do you need additional coverage for accidents that could occur on land?
- Do you need to cover personal property stored on the boat?
- Where are you going to be using the boat inland or offshore?
Need Help With A Boat Insuranse Quote?
Our Agents Will Be Happy To Help Through Zoom, Phone, Text Or Email.
Why Do You Need Boat Insurance?
A big misconception is that homeowners insurance will cover your boat in the event of an accident but this is not always the case. While most policies offer some protection, if this is your only protection you are most likely far under-insured. Some marinas require all boats to be insured in order to be stored there and they may require specific limits of coverage. Not every boat is worth insuring, but if you have a newer model boat, chances are that you would benefit greatly from purchasing a boat specific policy.